Sunday 7 October 2012

Sunday 7th October 2012: - Nyland Hill

7.5 miles from Walk West 3 - and just Ralph, as Margie was taking Claire to Moscow State Circus for her birthday.

Much less distance, and much less undulation, than last week's walk... but definitely much harder!  Some of the photos will tell the story, but in essence very muddy terrain (in places possibly H&S would have had a muddy field day), cows of all shapes and sizes to be forcible shifted from the path, and complete failure to recognise point F on Geoff's plan, so I was lost for the last part of this walk... luckily all came good!

 Nyland Hill,  seen from many points of the walk
 This picture sums up what was so difficult about the walk/swim
 Rather scenic path up to Nyland Hill
 Look at me ma... top of the world.
 Ahhhh.....
 Battling bastard cattle all the way round... I'd had to move these physically away from a gate/fence/barbed wire barrier/bog that I had to pass,then they followed me all the way down the path.
 Did I mention Nyland Hill?
So these ones were completely blocking my path, had to prod them out of the way, then they pursued me...

No comments: